Your child's health, safety and well being is a top priority for me, so I have drawn up a few pointers to help you understand how I care for all the children in my setting:
• I always encourage children to learn about personal hygiene through a daily routine and children will be asked to wash their hands before and after eating, after using the toilet and when they have been outside.
• Parents are asked to keep their children at home if they have any infections and to inform me of the nature of it, so illness is kept to a minimum.
• Children who have been vomiting or have had diarrhoea are unable to attend until at least 48 hours has passed since the last attack.
• Written permission has to be obtained before I can administer only prescribed medication. This will then be recorded in a book with parent's signature acknowledging the entry. Written parental consent is obtained at the initial onset of placement to seek any necessary emergency medical treatment etc. that may be needed in the future, whilst in my care.
• We are a non smoking household.
• When cooking for or with children as an activity, I will ensure that the ingredients are healthy and wholesome, thus promoting and extending the children's understanding of a well-balanced diet. All food is hygienically stored, prepared and served.
• Children will have the opportunity to play in the fresh air throughout the year, either in my own rear garden or at local parks etc.
• My premises, toys and equipment are cleaned regularly and toilets are cleaned daily and change mats cleaned after use.
• I have taken the necessary steps to ensure that all hazards to children on my premises, both inside and outside, are minimised and I have an accident book for incidents to be recorded and signed by the parents.